Why Night of Mystery?
What sets Night of Mystery apart:
When the creator of Night of Mystery started writing mysteries (circa 2001), there was nothing on the market that she would want to throw for her friends. With that in mind, she set out to produce (1) high-quality mysteries that (2) ran like a party (no scripts), (3) where the murder happens at the party, and (4) were interesting and engaging. And from that… came Night of Mystery!
- Our materials are set-up simply and directly to set the host up for success without additional stress.
- Host gets to participate!
- A murder happens AT the party!
A party that runs, well, more like a PARTY!
- With our mix and mingle format you will find: No pencils. No scripts. No side games and/or complicated process. And a "real live murder" at the party! The murder is solved by mingling and sleuthing, allowing everyone to participate fully to the extent that they feel comfortable doing so. This sets the stage for much spontaneity and insures every party is kept lively!
- The host even gets to participate!
More than a mystery – a party experience!
- We understand while you are planning a mystery, you want to give your guests the ultimate experience. Night of Mystery is filled with ideas on how to host, what to serve, how to make your party an over-the-top experience with web resources, additional materials with your mystery AND customer reviews and pictures with what they have done to throw the party.
- We understand that you are striving to throw a party to remember and we will give you all the tools you need to do that!
- Be the hostess with the mostess!!!
Fun and Original Themes
- Step back to a ROARING 1920s speakeasy or celebrate the latest pillage of pirates at the Salty Sea Dog Inn. There are no boring or obsolete scenarios here.
Original stories produced in-house.
- Each mystery is generated in-house to live up to the Night of Mystery brand standards of a high-quality, creative mystery. We care about our product and it shows. We are not a murder mystery factory with multiple authors and questionable quality.
Something for everyone!
- Conservative or naughty? Girls night out or can the guys come? Kid, Teen or Adult? 6 guests or 60? We even have LGBT-friendly mysteries.
Don't Believe Us?
Don’t believe us? Well, here is an (unsolicited) email we got from a customer when we responded to an email asking for help downloading something the second year he purchased…
We looked at every single other mystery party company (and I have done Murder by Mail as well) and we returned and selected another one of your mysteries for a couple reasons……
1. we didn’t find a single hole in your program last year
2. all of your materials were well thought out
3. dossier included enough information to formulate and be comfortable with their characters
4. great selection of themes to pick from
5. great suggestions of how to make our party a success