Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Brithday Party for Teenager was the BEST PARTY EVER!

Brithday Party for Teenager was the BEST PARTY EVER!

Post your comments and questions about this party

Brithday Party for Teenager was the BEST PARTY EVER!

Postby mljsk5 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:20 pm

We held the Til Death Do Us Part Murder Mystery for my daughter Sarah’s 14th birthday party this past weekend on Feb. 16, 2008. It was a HUGE success! We bought the script for 10 – 15 people, but we had 20 people attend, so we wrote in some additional characters. Most of the guests were her friends, ages 13 – 17, and they all came in character and played their parts to the very end.

The girls in the wedding party wanted matching dresses (of course!) so we hit the mall and found the bridesmaids dresses on a clearance rack for $15 each! They all bought matching jewelry and accessories and we made small bouquets for them to carry.

We added a big pre-wedding drama and mock wedding ceremony before the script opened at the reception to set the stage for the murder. No one knew who the murderer was except myself (the host) and Chris Constable, Hotel Security (played by Sarah’s Grandad). Sarah’s Grandma played the part of Linda Lovey, Wedding Coordinator, and it took BOTH of us to keep everything running smoothly.

We had Classical Italian music playing from the top of our stairs throughout the entire evening.

The wedding party came down the stairs to dramatic Italian music, and they all played their parts perfectly! It was hilarious! After the ceremony, they formed a receiving line out the front door to receive their Envelope A’s and we did a quick scene change and set up for the reception.

I got some glass champagne flutes and made stem charms with each character’s name on them, and we placed them on the tables in a seating arrangement. Each guest knew which glass was theirs, and at the end of the evening, they got to take it home as a party memoir. We served lasagna, salad, and garlic bread for dinner.

The cast couldn’t have been more perfect. My daughter Sarah played the bride (she wore my wedding dress from 20 years ago!!). The bride’s mother was hilarious! No surprise to anyone, she won the Drama Queen Award at the end of the evening. The bride’s father made it very clear that he was not happy with this marriage arrangement. The drunken uncle was hysterical. He progressed throughout the evening from a sober, thoughtful individual, to a drunken spectacle by the end of the evening. His red tie went through the various stages of undress, and he really pulled off that character. He took home the Best Dressed Award at the end of the evening. The part of Gina Giovanni, the neglected sister of the bride, was played perfectly (she’s in the dark glasses). Harry Hitt arrived in dark sunglasses (which remained on until the end of the evening) and packing a gun. The groom’s mother, Brenda Simpson, came with business cards that read “Hoo Ha Insurance: Brenda Simpson, When is comes to insurance buy from Brenda. Because Brenda knows what is best for you and your insurance needs. (Besides, I need the money!) 555-697-7142â€

mljsk5

Return to Till Death Do Us Part