Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Blackmailing, Backstabbing Beauties..

Blackmailing, Backstabbing Beauties..

Post your comments and questions about this party

Blackmailing, Backstabbing Beauties..

Postby pisazz » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:58 pm

Every year, I host a girls night. I try to have a different theme each time. This year, in December (2006) I held a murder mystery- Killing for the Crown. It was my first murder mystery (hosting or attending) as well as a first for all the girls. We had 15 girls in total- using all the "girl characters". Killing for The Crown was a perfect choice for us and fit our group of girls. Everyone went all out, getting into their characters. We had fake tans, fake nails, fake hair, fake eyelashes, and fake accents. It was awesome. Before the night was over, we had people asking when the next one was going to be. The game comes with everything you need in order to host- it was really easy. I even choose NOT to know the outcome by sealing up the "murder info" in an envelope and not reading it at all before hand. And I didn't read each characters personal sheets and objectives. I actually was fooled in the end (by who the true murderer was) I would DEFINATELY play again and will buy my game from Night of Mystery.com as everything went sooo smoothly. One thing I did add was prizes at the end. I took the little awards you get with the game and bought a gag gift to accompany each award:

Best Dressed Award- I bought a colorful boa and compact mirror

Money Bags Award- I bought a silk change purse and filled it with chocolate coins

Best Drama Award- I made a star on the Walk of Fame (easy to do on the computer) with Best Dramatic Performance Killing For The Crown 2006 and printed it out and framed it for her.

The People Who Guessed Right- got HUGE magnifying glasses (as in Sherlock Holmes!) :lol:

I also made up loot bags filled with princess stuff for each girl to take home with her (just as the do in the real award shows) which everyone just loved!
The night was awesome- one that will go down in Girls Night History. I have included a few photos of the evening.

Good luck with YOUR murder mystery- I highly, highly recommend this site and their games. I can't wait for my next one! :D
pisazz

Return to Killing for the Crown