Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Murder at the Juice Joint in Louisville, Kentucky

Murder at the Juice Joint in Louisville, Kentucky

Post your comments and questions about this party

Murder at the Juice Joint in Louisville, Kentucky

Postby nightofmysteryfan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:13 pm

Best Party EVER!!! We have a Halloween party every other year - sometimes it's themed - sometimes not - we decided to give the murder mystery a try - Oh, My Gosh! Murder at the Juice Joint was the best party we have ever had!!! I thought for sure I'd have to nag, threaten, and cry to get the guys to participate - but I'm telling you, ladies, the guys far outshone the women - they looked hot - hot - HOT! We had to change a few roles because we had more women than men - so Gino the bartender became Gina. Her story line was that Rosie met Gina at a Parisenne Cafe - Rosie hired her because she didn't speak English little does Rosie know that not only does Gina speak perfect English, she is also fluid in German, Spanish, and, of course, French - this added a hilarity to the party because Gina told everyone they needed to put money in the tip bucket so they were paying twice for their drinks - guess who won the most money for the night? Then our Pinkerton Detective became Pinky - called Pinky because she always wore a pink necklace - the only thing left of the disappearance of her sister, which is the main reason Pinky became a detective. We printed photos of famous gangsters and signed them "Love ya, Rosie" and "To Rosie - My kind of Gal", etc. We also took old pics and transposed our faces on them - hilarious - I'll try to get these online as well - some of them you couldn't tell from the real thing. One thing that helped me out tremendously is I found Time Life Books 1920's Decades - it had Charlie Chaplin on the front - ton of ideas in it - We're trying Murder at the Deadwood Saloon next, because the guys were so good at participating, we let them choose the next party - Could anything be better than Murder at the Juice Joint --- we'll let you know . . . (pictures to come this evening) - Note - someone suggested having a non-character manage the party because of all the activity trying to get everything rolling while anticipating yourself - that is very good advice.

nightofmysteryfan

Return to Murder at the Juice Joint