Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Molly Moll's fabulous 40th

Molly Moll's fabulous 40th

Post your comments and questions about this party

Molly Moll's fabulous 40th

Postby mshock » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:09 pm

Hats off, once again, to Night of Mystery for allowing me to provide a memorable night for my friends and family. This time, it was a celebration of my 40th birthday and we hosted "Murder at the Juice Joint" for 50 guests.

We were able to rent out a private room at Vitello's restaurant in Studio City. It could not have been a more perfect location! It was already set up as a swanky supper club with a raised bandstand for announcements, a grand piano & dance floor for singing and dancing, dim lighting and candles for ambiance (and blackmailing suspects!). I purchased a few bouquets of red roses from Costco and used the restaurant's glasses as vases. They soon became very popular props for all the characters to pose with! We had an italian meal buffet and plenty of red and white wine to go around. Guests arrived in grand style and received a gift bag with their character sheets, their money and a souvenir shot glass . Much fuss was made over the "killer" birthday cake made by a very talented friend.

Rosie Marie welcomed us to her place and the game was afoot! The mayor and his wife quickly began bribing everyone for the "Best Dressed vote" (for which they ACTUALLY won the "Best Actor/ Actress" awards). It was hilarious watching my friends and family trying on their "Gangsta" attitudes. Even my 6 year old niece got into the spirit with an adorable flapper dress.

Eventually, 4 players guessed the correct murderer, but "Molly Moll" , the birthday girl for the night, was the crack detective and took home the prize. I purchased some great DVD movies to offer for all the awards
-Chicago
-Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
-The Cheap Detective
-Murder by Death
-The Maltese Falcon

Gino Gin did double duty as a piano player and we sang and danced till the wee hours. The restaurant staff said it was one of the most fun parties they had ever hosted there and he waiters were having a blast trying to figure out "whodunnit".

Thank you again for helping to provide such a well orchestrated, clever and fun evening. It was a party I will never forget!!

"Molly Moll"
Molly Shock
mshock

Return to Murder at the Juice Joint