Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Murder at the Juice Joint for Halloween

Murder at the Juice Joint for Halloween

Post your comments and questions about this party

Murder at the Juice Joint for Halloween

Postby christywilliams » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:12 pm

This was our second murder mystery party. We had 28 guests at the Juice Joint for our Halloween party. Everyone came dressed to kill! I couldn't believe how wonderful everyone looked.

As the hostess, I choose to be an extra part, that of the reporter. Once the characters started arriving, I took pictures of them for my "newspaper article." Each person had their picture taken in front of the Juice Joint sign. Once Rosie made her introductions, the party was in full swing. Many went above and beyond their objectives to make the game even more interesting. Bribery and blackmail were abundant! Gino Gin made great drinks at the "bar." He was even given a tip jar to try to earn more money. I gave the part of Gino to someone who was an actual bartendar. One of our friends couldn't get a babysitter for the night so her 22 month old son attended. She dressed him up and gave him a led light up cigar to carry around. His mom, Cindy Butts, carried around a tray with empty cigarette boxes to sell to customers. Then the lights went off and we were one less character. There was much screaming and accusations after that character died. That character was given one of the extra parts to continue on with.

The party at the Juice Joint continued with PI Pinkerton interviewing everyone. PI Pinkerton's alter ego used to be a real cop. He interegated several of the party goers. He actually had some ready to admit they did it, even though they hadn't. Everyone had their mugshots taken, just in case.

After all the evidence was collected, everyone voted. We gave out $5 gift cards to a Blockbuster as prizes. We even gave out second place awards. Rosie was our drama queen. PI Pinkerton came in second. Cy Ramsey was the best dressed. Hal Hollywood came in second. Mayor Biggs got the money bags award with $3350! Gino Gin came in second with $1550!

We have all already decided on another murder mystery party for next year!
christywilliams

Return to Murder at the Juice Joint