Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Murder High Reunion: Class of ’85 is an AWESOME time!

Murder High Reunion: Class of ’85 is an AWESOME time!

Post your comments and questions about this party

Murder High Reunion: Class of ’85 is an AWESOME time!

Postby smarkywalsh » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:57 pm

My friends and I had been talking about having a murder mystery party for a while and as soon as I saw the 80’s themed storyline I knew I had found the perfect one for us. I was not disappointed! The night was a huge success and one we will be talking about for years to come I’m sure.
Several of us spent the day decorating and the place really looked great! We had tons of balloons and flashy fabric draped from the ceiling and we made several posters for Nixon’s election and for Ringworms old school productions as well as welcome back and class of ’85 signs. We photo shopped everyone’s heads on old 80’s pictures or movie covers that represented the yearbook for 1985 and had everyone write messages to each other while in character. The posters were a real hit! Everyone found them hilarious. We had old 80’s memorabilia all over the place as well, from rubicubes, E.T. & Gizmo toys to authentic 80’s records. The decorations really helped everyone get in the mood for the nights events. We turned on the movies ‘Sixteen Candles’ ‘Girls Just Want to Have Fun’ and ‘Breakfast Club’ on mute in the background while we played ‘Wham’ and ‘Thriller’ the old school way with a friends working record player!
Everyone was so into character it was amazing. I was afraid people would be shy and uncertain of what to do, but everyone jumped right into it and if anything at points there was almost too much going on! There were several people who really made the night with their performances; we certainly won’t be forgetting the antics of Molly Ringworm, Natalie Nebraska, Bailey Babble or Randy Reporter anytime soon, ha ha. Several people had never met before and the game was a great way to break the ice. By the time everyone left it was like they were old friends.
The storyline had a really nice flow to it and the mystery was neither too complicated nor to simple. In the end we had a three way tie for a winner so we drew names and the winner received the grand prize….The Goonies on DVD!
It really was a unique experience. I can’t wait to throw another one in the near future!

smarkywalsh

Return to Murder High Reunion