Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Insanely Good Time

Insanely Good Time

Post your comments and questions about this party

Insanely Good Time

Postby JuliaPaige » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:13 pm

:D You would not believe what an awesome time we had at this party. I highly recommend this theme because of how much fun the costumes and characters were. It was my first time having a murder mystery party of any kind, and a first for everyone there.

It was my birthday, so I wanted to take my time to make everything just right. First of all, I printed all the invitations and materials on neon paper. (I made sure to say "James D. Murder High Reunion Committee" on the return address.)
I decorated with a big banner that read: Welcome Back Class of 1985, balloons, neon shapes on the walls, and streamers and used hot pink, lime green and black party supplies. I used a friend's old eighties yearbook to blow up photos of people that looked how each character in the mystery would look in real life. That ended up being a lot of fun for everyone to see. We had 80's music playing, 80's candy, and gave away 80's toys as prizes. (Rubix cubes, magic 8 balls, etc.)

We had 18 people and EVERYONE came dressed in full costume. The best part was that everyone kept telling me what fun they were having playing their role. The party started at 8:30pm and people didn't even leave until 2 am. Even the next days, people called and emailed to say what a great time they had. A few people at the party want to host a mytery party of their own now. I have never had such a success throwing any party!

JuliaPaige

Return to Murder High Reunion