Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Murder of a Millionaire -The Classic Murder

Murder of a Millionaire -The Classic Murder

Post your comments and questions about this party

Murder of a Millionaire -The Classic Murder

Postby Jenice Shipley » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:41 pm

What can I say, this mystery made for one very fun night! This was the second party that I've thrown and it was a blast (and much easier and more fun to put together than the last one I did).

As soon as I came to this website I knew that this was going to be the party for me. It's the classic set up for a murder mystery. And who doesn't like to dress up, act like you've got money, and maybe blackmail your way into some more. Anywho, I carefully selected who's personality fit what character (which fit a little too well on some.) I had 16 guest who were, believe it or not, all memebers of my family (yes my mother is a saint). This made it so we were all comfortable with each other. Every one came decked out in bling and fake fur and took thier characters to the next level by adding thier own quirks.

I had a mourning room for the late Rick Rocherster with an Urn which I filled with ashes and had some dead flowers and a wreath next to him. I put paintings (aka posterboard with scribbles) all over the walls for RIcks Art collection. I played awesome ritzy party music: some classical, Frank Sinatra, and of course "Puttin on the Ritz".
I wanted the guest to really get into character so I had them do the things that they would if they were really that person. When the guests arrived I had the butler answer the door and announce everyone as they came. I had the butler, maid (myself), and chauffer hand out the
hors d'oevres on silver trays while eveyone started on thier objectives. I also had them serve our fancy dinner (parsley included) which was served by candle light. I had the Officer take care of the scene and display all evidence at the end. Everyone loved it and it helped people really get a flare for thier character.

I took the evidence and made bigger copies on nice paper and also used real objects where I could. (LIke the murder weapon.) I was a little surprised that only 2 people figured it out but I guess that's better than the year before when nobody figure it out. Maybe next time I might mention to everyone to maybe not hold on too tight to thier secrets (murderer excluded). You still have to do some deducing even if you know most the facts. And that's the whole purpose is to figure who donnit -right?

Everyone absolutly loved it and stayed up talking about it long after the awards were given out. Good Times!

Jenice Shipley

Return to Murder of a Millionaire