Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Yee Haw! Murder at the Deadwood Saloon

Yee Haw! Murder at the Deadwood Saloon

Post your comments and questions about this party

Yee Haw! Murder at the Deadwood Saloon

Postby librarygeek » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:04 pm

We selected Murder at the Deadwood Saloon because it sounded like so much fun! This was our second one by Night of Mystery and definitely the best murder mystery we've ever done! A lot of my theater friends attended and everyone really got into character. The costumes were fantastic. The ad-libbing going on was just incredible. In addition to the written storylines, there were several other "robberies" by bandits and other crimes that we had to take care of too! I decorated the place with a variety of western style things. For food we tried to keep it simple since my husband and I were playing too. I made dessert the day before (cactus cake and s'mores pops) and for an entree we grilled up hot dogs and had chili and baked potatoes. Several of our friends brought stuff too, like guacamole and salsa. Everything fit the theme quite well! The mystery was well written and all of the characters were interesting. Only one person ended up solving the mystery correctly! I also thought it was hilarious when I came across a group of guys that had actually gotten out a deck of cards and started their own poker game, gambling with their paper money from the game!

We had so much fun, and everyone at the party couldn't stop raving about it. We're already planning our next one!
librarygeek

Return to Murder at the Deadwood Saloon