Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - The Perfect Murder!

The Perfect Murder!

Post your comments and questions about this party

The Perfect Murder!

Postby lynnlarson » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:02 pm

My hubby and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary this December. We cannot think of a better way to celebrate than to spend it with our children (all adults) and our closest friends. But with an anniversary 3 days after Christmas, I am always looking for something to do that is not too much work for me! :wink:

So this year I "hosted" a murder at a fabulous turn of the century hotel in Buffalo, WY, The Occidental. Its about 2.5 hours from our home. (For those who remember the TV show or novel, The Virginian, the Occidental was where the Virginian was eventually apprehended.) The hotel has been beautifully restored with original furniture, clawfoot tubs, woodwork and more! (No decorating for a western theme for me!) The restaurant, aptly named The Virginian, was able to provide us with a private room, great service and terrific food! (No cooking for me! Well, I did supply apetizers, drinks and dessert in our room to cut my costs a bit. :) )

There were 8 of us, and we had the best time ever. The photo was taken in the beautiful lobby. The single guys stayed in the Outlaw Suite. How appropriate. It was easy to imagine former guests such as Teddy Roosevelt, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid staying there.

Yes, it was a bit expensive since we foot the bill for everything, but we would much rather have made these great memories with our favorite people than any thing else. The Murder at the Deadwood Saloon kept us laughing all night and our guests turned actors really got into the storyline.

Now you may really think we are crazy when I confess that we live only 15 miles from Deadwood, SD. So we could have used the Saloon #10 as our location. (That is where Jack McCall shot Wild Bill Cody while he held the Dead Man's Hand- Aces and 8's.) But its no real thrill for us to go there so this plan was PERFECT! A one night getaway was just what we needed.

Thanks for the Perfect Murder! We can't wait to do another one. Lynn Larson :D

lynnlarson

Return to Murder at the Deadwood Saloon