Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - A 30th Birthday Party To Die For!

A 30th Birthday Party To Die For!

Post your comments and questions about this party

A 30th Birthday Party To Die For!

Postby araimato » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:19 pm

My best friend Hannah was turning 30 and I wanted to surprise her with a party to top all others. Luckily having experience in event planning myself, her husband who couldn't help enough, and another wonderful friend who is an extremely talented pastry chief, I was sure that we were in for a fabulous time!

After weeks of planning the day arrived. Starting bright and early we hauled all of the props I had made to Hannah's. (Hannah had to work that day- convenient huh?) Her husband and mine went to work hanging the banners, signs, flags, arbors and portholes and figuring out how to mount a 40 ft long ocean mural to their back deck! (They were great sports!) I busied myself with all the last minute details, setting up our "Champagne Lounge", flower arrangements, starfish, candles, menus, bar details... you name it. And all the while, our talented chief was working hard in the kitchen- she prepared a carving station with fillet mignon or turkey, shrimp cocktail in an ice & flower bowl, salad skewers, creamed potatoes, fancy hour'dervs, and of course a chocolate fountain!! (I told you she is good!) After many hours all our hard work was well worth it- the house, excuse me, cruise ship looked amazing, and the buffet line rivaled the best cruise spread!!!

Hannah got home from work about 1.5 hours before the party was to start...and boy was she surprised!!! She boarded our "Mystery of the Seas" to the sound of boat horns and waves (my musically inclined husband designed a complete cruise sound effect cd) and started to cry (happy cry)!! After the initial shock wore off, we ushered her upstairs to get ready, after all we were all going to the "Captain's Cocktail Reception" with formal attire required!

When our guests started to arrive, we were blown away, they were wonderful!!! Everyone came dressed to the max! The men were dashing and the women were breath taking! Our Captain and Showgirl were especially spectacular!! The enthusiasm and participation by everyone was great!-- we all had so much fun that the murder mystery part of the party took around 2.5-3 hours to complete!!!

To end the evening Hannah's husband surprised her with a fitting gift- an actual trip on a cruise!! She cried again!!...again a happy cry!!

This party was "smooth sailing" (ha, ha). It was extremely fun from start to finish and easy to follow the provided plans- I would highly recommend it! "Cruising for Murder" is a great choice and excuse to pull out those gowns you thought you would never wear again!

Thank you for your help in throwing Hannah a Very Happy 30th Birthday!

(Pictures will follow shortly)

araimato

Return to Cruising for Murder