Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Lights! Camera! MURDER! Pakistan Party

Lights! Camera! MURDER! Pakistan Party

Post your comments and questions about this party

Lights! Camera! MURDER! Pakistan Party

Postby farrukhis » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:48 am

My brother and I recently hosted Lahore’s (Pakistan) first murder mystery night: Lights! Camera! Murder! It was a smashing success, and all those who attended (about sixty people) had an absolutely awesome time! It was a new thing to all of us but one which has now generated much excitement and hype, with several of my friends asking me to help them soon organize one too! We did some spin-offs of our own which were a lot of fun too! For example, instead of having Angel Wood walk in with the Oscar, we had our own live Oscar ceremony before the murder actually took place (the suspense of who was going to be awarded which Oscar was part of the fun)! We also gave some people certain parts which were not in the script: for example, we made a couple of people news reporters who grabbed hold of the mike and were interviewing the characters and reporting all night on what was happening just as if it was being recorded by a news channel!

Everyone who attended said the theme was amazing and so much better than having just another dance party. And the best part about it all was that everyone said they got to meet and get to know so many new people because of how interactive everything was: the otherwise shy girls and boys had an excuse for going up to a random person and making conversation! Your story plot was fantastic and full of so many twists and turns that it kept everyone on their toes at all times! And the host’s guide you provided made it just so easy to effectively organize a night like this, even for those like me who had never been to one of these things before! Everything which I needed from the fake money to the awards were right there in the packet! And people sure came up with creative ways to get their hands on more fake money! A friend of mine kept handcuffing random strangers to each other and demanding they give him both information and money or else they remain handcuffed together!

I would like to thank all of you for giving us a truly memorable night and am happy the idea has caught on in my city and soon many will be organizing murder mystery nights of their own too!
farrukhis

Return to Lights! Camera! MURDER!