Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - An 80's Homecoming Mystery

An 80's Homecoming Mystery

Post your comments and questions about this party

An 80's Homecoming Mystery

Postby harley_quinn_53 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:27 pm

So for my 28th birthday I wanted to throw a party I hadn't done before. I've heard about the Murder Mystery parties and knew that's what I wanted to do. I searched all over the net to find one and fell in love with this website. I loved the different stories. For Halloween I wanted to decorate the doctors office I work at with an 80's prom theme, but the people I worked with didn't want wear dresses lame. So once I saw Horror at Homecoming, I knew that was the mystery for me. So I purchased the kit and invited 20 of my closest friends and family members.

The day of the party, as we were putting up the decoration one of my friends call saying she can't make it. Her son had been really sick, so I was surprised she waited this long to let me know. So no problem, we can work around 3 characters. THEN Another friend calls, her daughter and husband are sick. 5 characters down. And at the last minute my boyfriends brother calls he hurt his back so now we are 7 characters down. Everyone showed up and we headed to my backyard where I had set up the homecoming dance. I asked how everyone would like to make up for the 7 characters we were missing. Everyone voted on some of us pulling double duty and playing 2 characters. Which made acting and keeping everyone straight harder for some, but in the end made everything a night to remember and left us with some funny stories we well never forget, and most likely tease each other about for years to come. We ate dinner and then started in on the party.

Since I had chosen an 80's theme for the party my friends came all dressed up and it was awesome. One of my friends even came in a tux and mullet (a combo I never thought I would ever see). Since some of us played 2 characters it was so funny. I won't give away the story but some of them ended up hating themselves, some were bribing themselves, while one of my friends played her own date.

We all had a blast and are planning our next party for New Years with the Lights, Cameras, Murder mystery. We can't wait and sadly are already planning it so that everyone can make it this time.

harley_quinn_53

Return to Horror at Homecoming