Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Halloween Knight of Mystery

Halloween Knight of Mystery

Post your comments and questions on this party

Halloween Knight of Mystery

Postby aslusers » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:15 pm

For our 6th annual Halloween party, we decided to give the Knight of Murder a try. Our group of friends are very creative in their costume preparation every year, so I was a bit concerned we would be stifling them by assigning characters. I needn't have worried. Our most creative people found many ways to embellish their costumes and characters. (At one point, there was a kidnapping plan that was only thwarted by the murder!)

We didn't use too many decorations - just home made banners and a castle backdrop. We did a hands only medieval feast of smoked chicken and salmon, cheeses, hard salami, fresh fruit, dried fruits and nuts. Beer and wine (or ale and mead) were the drinks for the evening. We bought inexpensive blow up maces (stick with spiked metal ball). We enjoyed a few impromptu duels during the evening.

We had 23 characters assigned and only one couple cancelled at the last minute. I admit I did sweat a bit about what to do if someone didn't show up!

Getting through the whole story of events took about 2 1/2 hours... but looking back, I think we rushed it a bit. Next time, we will allow people to add story lines, create on the spot plot twists and have more time to enjoy their roles.

Many of our guests said they enjoyed this type of party more than our regular costume/games party. So, we will very likely do it again next year! (I'm sure the local costume rental will be thrilled - they got 7 new customers from our party!)
aslusers

Return to A Knight of Murder