Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - A 30th birthday to remember

A 30th birthday to remember

Post your comments and questions on this party

A 30th birthday to remember

Postby Caryn J » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:36 pm

I wanted to do something interesting to mark my 30th, and decided A Knight of Murder looked like a good idea. What I didn't realize is how MUCH fun it would be as 40 guests got swept up in �Let�s Pretend� level 7. You can imagine the mayhem at work when my colleagues started trying on costumes in the office!!

We hired a pub venue appropriately named the Kings Tavern in Tudor-style architecture. A friend brought a bag of her children's toy armour for decorating the walls. By the time my friends arrived at the party in costume, many were already well versed in potential plots and schemes. I thought it might take a while for my different groups of friends to warm up to each other, but the game was perfect for encouraging mingling, and guests launched straight into character, accusing and challenging people they'd never met before! All the characters were so engaged throughout the evening that much less food got eaten than I expected!

I decided to personalize the general characters and gave them names such as Dorothy the Dignified Hugh the Houseboy and Trivial Tina. I made two of them the designated photographers (image capturers) for the evening, which yielded some memorable moments. Surprisingly, only one person guessed the murderer correctly. The awards for best performer and Mr Money Bags were very well earned. (The knight who won best actor was overheard to say that he bought his particular sword model on medi-ebay maybe a good resource for future medieval parties?) The feedback on the evening was all good, and I would love to do this again!
Caryn J

Return to A Knight of Murder