Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - Arrr...a great party!

Arrr...a great party!

Post your comments and questions about this party

Arrr...a great party!

Postby Cronin » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:42 am

It was that time of year again where we organise a staff Christmas outing for our 22 employees. Instead of the usual restaurant and drinks scenario we decided to do something different and host a Murder Mystery Party. What better than the swashbuckling pirate tale of Murder Amoung the Mateys. The theme suited perfectly as our business is indeed a Bar & Restaurant in a quaint seaside village on the southcoast of Ireland. You'd almost think you were in the The Salty Seadog itself !

The scripted characters were great and suited a diversity of people, as we had all different age groups attending the party. As the party host, I did not assume a scripted role but still dressed up and acted as a pirate while prompting and encouraging the night as it unfolded.

Another great aspect to the night was that one of the guests had taken some well known sea shanties and changed the words about us!. Out came the banjos and after a while the whole party were slapping the tables and singing along.

We also had a meal during the party which we ate just shortly after the victim died and Dirty Wiggins announced the murder.

I found the whole scripted package very professional and easy to use. Everything looked great, from the invites to the certificates. It was the first Murder Mystery Party I have hosted and conclude it was a ROARING SUCCESS. Some of the guests were apprehensive at first when they got their invite but were praising us on what a great, great night they were having only a few hours into the party.

We are going to be talking about this for a long, long time...... arrrrrr

Cronin

Return to Murder Among The Mateys