Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - FEBRUARY 2017 Walking the Red Carpet

FEBRUARY 2017 Walking the Red Carpet

Win a FREE Party by telling us about yours!

FEBRUARY 2017 Walking the Red Carpet

Postby mrmystery » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:50 pm

To celebrate my birthday this year, I decided to throw (and was actually requested by friends to do so) another murder mystery party. We did a 1920's themed one last year. This year I picked Lights! Camera! Murder! because the story line sounded great and would be fun for everyone to dress up and easy to decorate for. The party went so well and my murder mystery parties will now probably become an annual event. We had a huge turnout! 33 people ended up coming and it was a lot of fun making up the names of the extra characters (beyond the 20 set in the package). I had Riley Cypress, Natalie Portland, George Phoney, and Bryan Oceanmist.

I went all out for this party and even hired a couple of paparazzi to take pictures of everyone coming in, walking the red carpet, posing in front of the party back drop, and then through out the party. It was great having them there so that I didn't have to worry about getting shots of everyone mingling. I also had an Oscar themed food buffet and served "Inglorious Pasta," "Money (Sausage) Balls," "Million Dollar Baby Green Salad with Bravehearts of Romaine," "Corndog Millionaire," "The DIP-arted," and "Chicago-style Pizza Bites." For the award winner herself, Angel Wood, I made my own oscar statue by spray painting a Ken doll and gluing him to a black base. We also had everyone take a mug shot after the murder took place because everyone was a suspect! Even though all of the party attendees did not really know each other very well, everyone got really into their characters and it was great to see people mingling and acting like they have known each other for years. What a great ice breaker! We had so much fun with the story line and it was so good that no one even guessed correctly who the killer was. I won't give it away here, but the real killer was very sneaking in not giving themselves away.

I can't wait to do another party and everyone keeps asking me to move up the next party date to the spring because they don't want to wait that long to do another one!

mrmystery

Return to Party of the Month Contest