Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - MAY 2015 Successful Murdering Birthday!

MAY 2015 Successful Murdering Birthday!

Win a FREE Party by telling us about yours!

MAY 2015 Successful Murdering Birthday!

Postby mrmystery » Thu May 12, 2016 8:04 am

I decided to purchase "Murder at the Juice Joint" because it was a 1920's theme. I turned 30 this year, so my theme was "Murdering my 20's Away."

When I purchased everything, I wanted to play along and not know anything. The packet was easily structured where this could be accomplished. I was able to package, print, and label everything I needed to without reading any character information beforehand. I used the party schedule and host guide to instruct me throughout the entire process.

I had 16 attendees. Everyone was excited but apprehensive at first. I reassured everyone with the flow of the party and passing out invitations. Our guests had 3 weeks to find costumes and props for the evening. They were appreciative of the time beforehand.

When everyone arrived, the costumes were above expectation! Everyone really went all out. They put their name tags on and began figuring out who they needed to talk to. After the introduction, we completed our first set of objectives. Then the murder happened and we were given our second objectives. Everyone took time to read and figure out clues throughout the night. Even bribing others to tell secrets!

At the end of the night only 1 person had guessed the killer correctly! We had a tie for "Best actress." So my tip (and what we did) to break the tie and award only 1 person, we had 1920 trivia questions. Everyone loved trying to figure out the answer on their own while the two competed.]h
Take a look at my photos of decor, photo booth, and end of night pictures! This Murder mystery event was so much fun and everyone asked when our next one would be!! I definitely suggest this one for a starter party!

mrmystery

Return to Party of the Month Contest