Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - MAY 2014 Happy Never After - A Royally Good Time!

MAY 2014 Happy Never After - A Royally Good Time!

Win a FREE Party by telling us about yours!

MAY 2014 Happy Never After - A Royally Good Time!

Postby mrmystery » Wed May 21, 2014 9:50 am

Happily Never After was my first murder mystery party and it was a success thanks to Night of Mystery’s amazing package! All of the princesses and maidens who attended The Fairest of Them All Ball were so impressed with all of the extras that were included in the package. As the host, I chose to know who the victim and murderer were ahead of time. While it would have been equally as fun to guess along with everyone else, I found it extremely helpful in the pacing of the party to know ahead of time.

I ordered the 8-12 package and had 14 in attendance. I was amazed at how each person embodied their character – some even donned accents! All of the costumes, whether purchased or homemade, were so creative!

I made the party a potluck and asked each of the guests to bring something fairytale-themed – bonus if it was related to their character! These included Rapunzel and Flynn’s Jello Boat Floats, Gretal’s Baked Witch Brisket, Alice’s Shrink Me Brownies, Sleeping Beauty’s Wake-Me-Up Cappuccino Cookies, Poison Apple Martinis, and The Fairest Baked Ziti Of Them All.

I also created a mug shot station where every character gave their best pose in front of the camera. Guests loved this and had a great time trying to best portray their characters!

I was really impressed at how devious the princesses and maidens were in spreading secrets and working others for their benefit – we even had some instances of stolen money! The victim was the only one to win the title of “Super Sleuth” – talk about taking justice into your own hands! And the murderer ended up with the most money in the end.

The mystery part lasted about 2 hours within our small group. All of the ladies couldn’t stop talking about how much fun they had – the most asked question of the night was when we were going to have the next one! We really enjoyed the all-female mystery and we’re looking forward to seeing more all-female themes!

Thanks again for giving all of us an excuse to dress up, play dirty, and have a great girls night! We can’t wait to start planning the next one!

mrmystery
Site Admin

Return to Party of the Month Contest