Player's Exchange

Search for answers to your questions by entering a keyword below.

www.nightofmystery.com • View topic - DEC.2012 Murder Under the Big Top was a BIG Success!

DEC.2012 Murder Under the Big Top was a BIG Success!

Win a FREE Party by telling us about yours!

DEC.2012 Murder Under the Big Top was a BIG Success!

Postby mrmystery » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:56 am

This was our third year throwing a murder mystery party for Halloween. I was a little nervous at first about the circus theme, but everyone got really into it! We turned our living room into a "Big Top" by stringing up rope on each side of the room, and draping red and yellow plastic table cloths from one side to the other. We strung another piece of rope down the middle, creating our big top. We also strung up a couple of wooden dowels to make fake trapeze swings. Outside our front door, we also put up a pop up tent and draped the canopy with the plastic table cloths so it looked like the entrance to a circus tent. The only other decor I really needed was balloons and printed signs provided by Night of Mystery.

For food, we had a cotton candy machine, nachos and cheese, sausage and peppers, soft pretzels, fried dough, corn dogs and kettle corn. This was an "adults only" party, so we also provided a few alcoholic beverages. We had drunken snow cones, punch, and cotton candy shooters.

I was completely blown away by all the costumes people wore. They completely embraced the theme. We had a fantastic time! Can't wait until next year!

mrmystery
Site Admin

Return to Party of the Month Contest